My Blog List

Saturday 20 August 2011

Good sewing day!

Today was a successful day spent at the sewing machine.  I had some colourful cotton with stretch in my stash from a trip to Leeds Market a couple of months ago and which was purchases for a bargain price of just £3 per metre!  This is what I produced:




The pattern was from Prima Magazine:


I did take in the neck and a small amount across the back shoulders, but it could probably do with a bit more! I am a typical english pear, small shoulders but definately curvy bottomed!

Overall I'm really pleased with this and am planning to make a plain navy version for work.

In between the sewing, I'm having a go at knitting a cardigan which is a reprint of a 1920's style from Woman's Weekly magazine:

The picture above includes the start of the back (the cardigan is knit all in one piece), the wool is a cotton 4 ply, colour 'Acorn' - this project may take some time to complete!  I'll post progress as and when.



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! This dress is really fabulous! Love the print and adjustment so perfect on you ... I can not believe you started sewing only twelve months ago ...
    I am looking forward to seeing more of that cardigan, love everything vintage!

    ReplyDelete