My Blog List

Sunday 11 December 2011

Christmas is coming...

The build up to Christmas seems to have well and truly started! This definately interferes with sewing time, which for me mostly happens on a Sunday morning or afternoon depending on childrens' activities!

 Shopping started at the Twisted Thread Show in Harrogate. Despite a very early start to catch the train at six forty five, a three hour journey on very packed trains, it was fantastic!!! For anyone wanting a one stop show of all things sewing, knitting, crafting etc this is the one!  Here are a couple of photo's (limited, as a lot of the exhibitors didn't want photo's taking of their work):

Isn't this amazing? piped silicone encrusted with jewels, some made into unusual jewellery! So many talented people!!!
Gorgeous knitted samples, framed - I think they look beautiful!

Whils most of the day was spent looking - in amazement - at the hoards of stalls, everything from lots of different sewing machine exhibitors with machines being demonstrated to wool, textiles, beads - soooo much stuff! I did come away with a couple of purchases - Sasha Kagans latest knitting pattern book (but can't show you pictures yet as mum has taken it to have a look through!)  Daughter One has asked if I would knit her a 'Sweet William Jumper' from it, but the kits alone were £95!!! Out of my price reach unfortunately - but hopefully in the New Year there may be sales!  In the meantime, I picked up a vintage Sirdar Aran book as Daughter Two wants a long aran cardigan for up-coming birthday in February! I'll post progress over Xmas when I should have a bit more time.

I've also been trying to make progress on my jacket - the fit seems really pleasing so far, but progress is slow because I don't really know what I'm doing!!! I've made up the lining (I love the color with the colours in the wool - they should brighten up the most miserable of days!) but am stuck on attaching it to the facings - Handmade Jane is absolutely right that the Built by Wendy Jackets is not the book for beginners to give you detail of how-to! Anyway, it should be good to tackle over the Christmas holidays.  So far its looking like this:


At the Show I also picked up some lovely black fabric (sorry content unkown! but feels lovely) which I am making into Colette's Peony Dress - photo's to follow!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment