My Blog List

Friday 4 November 2011

Help!

After a bit of a break where hockey matches and other things have occupied the weekends, I've finally got a day off from work and immediately set to starting a jacket out of a lovely boucle wool with purple satin lining that I have wanted to make for ages.  However, I've not found a pattern I really like, so finally settled for trying to use this basic Prima pattern and try and modify it (hence the Help!):
Having consulted Betty Foster's book "Creating Fashion" page 98 shows how to add a strap front band as so:
The instructions say to cut a band 8cm wide and as long as the centre front (done!), then fold in half and stitch to centre front edge - my question is the jacket pattern has a front facing, do I still need this or does it need any alteration? Do I interface the strap front band?

And I've not started the collar yet!

Any help would be very gratefully received!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure your first question, if you say that the pattern you are using has a front fancing ... with the alteration that you made in the pattern (add a strap band) this fancing front disappears, now the lining of the jacket reaches this band strap inside.
    The other question is about the interface, the answer is yes. You must attach a piece with the plate interface in the strap band, this is done you will always sewing buttonholes, it is necessary to keep the shape of the loops. I hope I have been helpful to you.

    ReplyDelete